Hello, I am not looking for a rear sight. I am looking for answers about rear sights. I would like to have a better understanding of them and i have been unable to find these answers after hours of combing through these forums, manuals, and internet videos. I unfortunately do no have the Ross Rifle Story which sounds like a very good resource. But if anybody out there does, or simply knows the answers to these questions, please help a new Ross owner out.

1. How are the apertures and battle sights supposed to be used on the mkiii?

2. When the sight is folded down, what distance is the battle sight set to, and it doesn't look to be adjustable, but is it?

3. When the sight is flipped up, the upper sight is a battle sight, correct? Now between the full aperture and battle sight of the flip up sights, what is the difference in elevation?

4. When flipped up, which sight corresponds with the yard measurements? The battle sight or the aperture sight?

5. How do the minutes of elevation on the outside of the frame work? Was this a common unit of elevation measurement for target shooters back then??
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.