I picked up a No 9 Mk I trainer earlier in the year. I knew it was a hard one to find and the price was very reasonable. Shoots great and my Son and I have enjoyed it a great deal. It's an early No 4 that has been scrubbed although I have not removed it from the stock to see barrel markings under the wood. PH 56 with a serial number of A164. The serial number is also on the bolt and fore end and they are matching. Has the proper N9 marking not No 9. It also has the rounded muzzle. However this rifle is fitted with a Canadian No 7 rear sight and magazine with the loading platform. Just wondered if these were used in Canadaicon where the sight and magazine were switched out. Also if anyone has seen this sort of modification if that is the case. My guess finding one of the original rear sights would be like a needle in the stack so to speak. Will try and get photos tomorrow if weather permits.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.