I don't know if this has ever been addressed before on this forum but I think it may be worth bringing up again if so. We have all used at one time or another corrosive ammo and are aware of the procedures for cleaning our firearms afterwards. A friend of mine has a process that he claims greatly reduces the corrosive damage that may be done when finished firing at the range which I cannot find fault with. I hereby ask for input as to its validity...

Whenever we shoot our Enfields, Mosins or whatever, using mil-surp ammo (corrosive), he always finishes with 4-5 rounds of known non-corrosive ammo before "packing up". He claims that the 35K pressure of non-corrosive ammo down the barrel will pretty much blow out 99% (or more) of whatever corrosive compounds are left in in the barrel. He still cleans his firearms afterwards but doesn't worry if he can't get to them in a "timely manner". It sounds logical but has anyone ever heard that this procedure is worthwhile?

Thanks, --728shooter
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.