Hey all! New memeber but not new to milsurp rifles at all (just lee enfields).

I picked this up for $450 last week. It's a savage MK4 no1*. All matching (reciever, magazine, and assuming barrel) except for the bolt. Overall the rifle is is pretty nice shape. Barrel is correct for Savage wartime production (2 groove), thus why I'm thinking its original, but I couldn't find any markings on it when I took the handguards off. As you can see from the pics, barrel is mint!

Stock is marked FTR, but none of the metal parts have it stamped (still a possible factory refurb?).

Now, the problems I found during disassembly and cleaning:

Extractor spring was missing. Had a spare so no big deal. Installed it and tested ejection with rounds. Ejects fine. Problem solved

Lower portion of stockis missing the metal (see below)

Will this affect anything? Band still secures tight but have to clamp it all the way back instead of in the metal grove

Front sight guard is loose. Able to wobbble it back and forth a little, but not forward or backwards. Screw is there and tightened all the way. I'm thinking this is no big deal, am I correct?

Those are the only issues I've found. Bolt looks in nice and secure, as well. Sony guess is this rifle went through refurb and a few corners were cut (just the lower handguard metal on the stock really), but it shouldn't be an issue (luckily I noticed extractor spring). So how'd I do for $450??? Can't wait to shoot it!!!

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

Not thread related, but my other milsurp rifles (enfield in this pic is a POFicon)

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.