I was just wondering if this was ever tried successfully. This spring has to have some effect on trigger pull. Between the two LEs I have, a Lithgowicon #1 and a '49 #4(F), the #4 seems to have both a heavier spring and a heavier trigger break. I'm basing this spring measurement on the effort required to compress the magazine catch. I'll admit it is possible that this is a geometry issue and not a spring-rate issue. Figured I would ask the more experienced. As I understand it, the springs are interchangeable functionally, between the #1 and the #4. True?

I know it's kind of a weird little spring. I guess you'd call it an extremely bowed leaf spring. If a person wanted to experiment they'd be smart to do it on a spare spring. I suppose material would need to be shaved down along its length somehow. A very small mount at a time.

FYI, I'm using a Huber single-stage trigger in my #4 now, so this is not an immediate concern. I was just curious if it's ever been done.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.