I posted this reply on the Smallbore Forum. I post it here in the hope that I might receive information or reference to information to answer my question.

Odd thing happened today. I drove 22 miles back to the sportings goods store to buy a brick of the Blazer .22 LR. The owner refused to sell to me. He said he wanted to make sure others could buy ammunition. He had no signs up about a limit. He had not previously said anything about a limit. And he certainly had not stated that he would not make further sales to me or I would not have bothered to drive 44 miles for ammunition that I would not be allowed to purchase. I did not at all appreciate being embarrassed in the store in front of employees and a customer. I am not normally a argumentative person, but I think tomorrow I will pay the owner a visit and call to his attention that he has no legal right to refuse to sell to anyone who walks through the door of his store. He may refuse to sell to anyone, but he may not pick and choose to whom he will sell.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.