My Holy Grail is to resurrect one of my 4 enfields (my 1916 Enfield Mk III*) from 'sporterized' back to as original as I can manage, to honor my two grandfathers who (might have) carried this model when they were in Franceicon in WW1, and for my great uncle who (might have) carried one in the Dardanelles in WW1. My great uncle was killed, the others survived, one wounded. In all, I own a 1922 Lithgowicon (complete, all matching), a 1927 Ishapore (complete, with Aussie wood), the 1916 Enfield sporter described above and a 1918 NRF barreled action which I'm collecting parts for (all 4 rifles are in .303 calibre). The Ishapore, and NRF are No 1 Mk III's, the Enfield and Lithgow are No 1 MK III*'s. I still need an original lower forend stock in decent shape for the 1918 NRF No 1 Mk III if anyone cares to part with one! I'm in the US but still a Brit, and when I eventually pass on, the Britishicon ones will go to my son
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.