My problem:

I bought a BSA PMDS Red Dot sight. It’s not the tube ones, it’s lighter. It’s not the super light weight one ounce ones. It's the one with the screen but adjustable brightness.

I couldn’t get it to zeroed. I E-mailed BSA with the problem and they said send it in for warranty repair. Six weeks, sample targets I sent them, and ten dollars later I get it back from a place in Florida though I sent it to Missouri so, I don’t think it was the original one. Still doesn’t zero. The first time the problem seemed to be with the locking screw. This time I’d be a half inch below the “X”, I come up 2 clicks and I’m outside the 4 ring at 2 o’clock. I’d come back down 2 clicks and I’m slightly lower in the 4 ring at 2 o’clock. I E-mail BSA and said, “You couldn’t have done more to hurt your company's reputation then to market this product.” An hour later, I get a phone call from them and they said they’d send me a UPS return label.

Six weeks later I get it back from the same place I sent it to. The impact point is bouncing all over the place, 8” right, 8” left, then center. I moved the target in to just 6 yards away, I bench rest my S&W 41. I’m getting 4” and 5” groups at just 6 yards!

I put my old and heavy Tasco ProPoint tube type red dot back on and I’m getting under ½ inch groups measured edge to edge with six rounds fired.

These are both under $100.00 red dots but they’re sitting on a barrel that doesn’t move. If you buy an inexpensive new car, you still expect the gas pedal and break to work.

Something just doesn’t seem right to me. I don’t think BSA’s product is a warranty problem but just bad engineering. How could they sell to gun owners such a badly designed product?

All I wanted was a lighter weight red dot. I find it hard to accept that I’ve run into so many problems with a simple red dot.

Have any of you had a similar experience with these red dots?
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.