A couple months ago, I got a partially mixed early Inland that had the original barrel, band and slide. Most of the other parts were replaced. Yesterday, I finally got to the range with it. I replaced the adjustable rear sight with a repro flipper just so it looked better. There are no stake marks of any kind on the sight slot, so when I find a good original sight it will look right. Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered that at 25 yards it shot right on point of aim. Not only was it perfect on elevation, but I had actually hit dead center on r/l too! I was even more surpised when I discovered that out of 15 rounds fired, 15 were in the 10 ring and five of them were in the X ring! Considering that it is an original 2-42 barrel, I'm very happy! This weekend, I'll be heading out to an Ohio Gun Collector's show and I hope to find more early parts to restore this carbine. Wish me luck...
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.