Good Morning All,

I recently picked up this No.4MK1 at my LGS. It is my first experience with an Enfield, so was trying to learn when I was looking it over. Wrist is stamped M/4- and 1943 but the original penciled SN can barely been seen (AC7356) Bolt handle stamp is non matching. Receiver penciling is faint for No4MK1 and then the billboard import marks with new SN.

I have added some pics with additional id markings of parts that I can find. I am new to Enfields and am actively researching stampings but cannot find where my new toy fits in by its marks. SN does not match the normal format I am finding in files (saw some notes that this MAY be a BSA due to the letter prefix and 4 digit SN). Is my assumption correct of BSA?? Also having difficulty making out the barrel stampings. The B and 1 are easy, but the side stamps are difficult to interpret.

LGS had it priced at $399. The safety would not operate correctly due to a bent bolt spring, had no front swivel and the swivel band screw was a bubba replacement. I talked him down to $300 plus tax out the door. I ordered a bolt spring, swivel, swivel screw and sling from APEX to fix the safety issue get her handling a little better. Have not fired yet, but anxiously awaiting to.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.