This is my first post, been looking awhile. I bought a really nice No4 MK2 on Gunbroker 2 weeks ago, got it 3 days ago, it shoots great, I absolutly love it.
I bought a Lithgowicon MkIII* 4 days ago on GB too. They must be addicting...
My question is The Mk2 has a strange serial number. The reciever is marked No4 MK2 then there is also a c that is in a circle, like the copy rights symbol, and the metal grip area is marked N 805. The stock heel is stamped N 805 and so is the bottom of the magazine and the front of the stock, by the shooters left hand, underneath. The rifle's serial # is etched like most MK2's. Out of all Franzerly or how ever you spell it, the serial number is low, 3 numbers, preceeded my a N, also there are no serial number on the reciever. Here's the gunbroker auction i.d. number 127695148, it will still come up, but as closed/sold. Do I have a rare rifle, or what? Also the magazine follower is a savage, squared s, but the bottom of the magazine is stamped N805.
Help please, lots of great info on here.

Billy Jack
sailorsjeep@yahoo.com
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.