In central Florida, I went to an antique market which was part of an old flea market. I saw a floor lamp there that needed a closer look and it turned out to be an early type 99 with early bayo, no mum, and a Japaneseicon helmet for a lamp shade! It had a solid brass base.

Who ever did it had some machinist skills and did not damage the rifle except for running a power cord through out the whole rifle. I told my wife I was going to but it and put it in the living room like the guy did in the "Christmas Story" who won the lady's leg lamp.

After she quit laughing, she said some words I did not know she knew. Anyways, I got the lamp er rifle. It will probably end up in my "Man Cave" so it's brillance will shine! There was an Enfield Drill purpose rifle there also a a floor lamp but I did not want to create further havoc.

If I want to restore the 99 I will have to find a bolt as the previous owner had to run a brass rod into the action to mount the rifle in a upright position. Stock was not touched and I did find some dimple marks on the lower part of the stock. They were in straight lines and resembled marks that you find on a M1icon when you strike the clip against the stock to align the cartridges.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.