I’ve just acquired a scout reg mk2 telescope, it is a little chipped in the brown cladding but not to badly, however my initial surprise was that optically it seems rather less crisp than my sig tele VI, with what appears to be a light cloudiness or slight bloom tot he internal lenses. Objective and ocular external lenses appear on. I’m tempted to take it appear and give it a clean, however I wonder if any one could offer advice on the best way to clean these lenses?
My assumption was to carefully dismantle the instrument on a clean setting items on a clean cotton/linen sheet and then clean each optical surface, but I’m not sure how delicate they are and what considerations should be made E.g. cleaning solution or not? Micro cloth, some other special cloth, or maybe cheapest tissue paper, as per Peters suggestion for No32?
There is also some huge black lumps, which I suspect to be black dust from the internal coating. Should the black coating be coming away my my no knowledge assumption would be I should clean out the remainder and re paint the inner serface of the tube some
Sort of deep mat black.... is that correct, and if so is it that simple? Or is it one of those defectively simple seaming tasks that transpired to be a cluster uck
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.