Hi M1icon rifle folks,

I finally got my first Garand - a 4.5M IHC gun that was re-imported by Federal Ordnance. So there's question #1 - any ideas on where this thing was before FED ORD brought it back home?

The gun is a mystery in several ways.. The barreled action, op rod, gas cylinder, swivels & ferrules are all in great shape and showing 95% or better finish. On the other hand, the bolt, trigger assembly and rear sight are almost devoid of finish.. fine shape, just little remaining Park.

All of the parts that bear stampings have -IHC stamps. The barrel is marked 7 53 and was made by LMR. And let me tell you, it's got some major wear near the muzzle.. no rifling at all for the last 3/8" or so. The rest of the bore looks pretty decent, though.

Trying to grasp why a gun with such decent finish on the action would have such a worn-out barrel.. and if it's just been reparked, why didn't they re-do the bolt, trigger housing etc - if they were trying to dress up an old dog?

Facts, opinions and thoughts, please.. what do you know about Federal Ord. imports of Intl' Harvester M1 rifles?

Thanks and thanks again,
-L
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.