I have came across this in another group, the poster claiming he saw it on the interweb.
No end of google image searching has turned up a hit for any of the pics, so I am thinking it might be something he had made up and now looking for gratification.

Over the years there have been a few workshops/ gunsmiths that have offered to turn your "old 303" into a thing of beauty by doing the whole skeletonised rifle bit, for a price of course. The SMLE skeletonised rifles one place near me did were a pretty good copy of the genuine, so I am thinking this might be a repro of something I don't think existed. Pity the barrel looks worn out, doesn't do it's credibility any favours.

There is no writings I can find of the No5 being turned into a skeleton action (butt, bare action and about 9" of barrel) like all of the SMLE models over time and a few No4's done post WW2. Let alone a full length skeletonised rifle in the sense of the Lithgowicon made examples.

Here are the pics of the No5 as posted and one of my skeletonised Lithgow as an example. As usual, happy to be proven wrong, but is it a fantasy piece??? Anyone got any clues?

Attachment 106664Attachment 106665Attachment 106666Attachment 106667

Attachment 106669
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.