I had the opportunity to have a look at a carbine that belongs to a friend of mine today.
Dick has a few years on me and said that he had it for quite a awhile, since he was a kid and has only had it out to shoot it a few times in the last 30 years or so.

Anyhow, he asked me if I knew anything about them to which I replied very little but there may be some folks online who knew of these things and may be interested in providing feed back if I could get some detailed pictures of it.

If someone would tell what and where for pictures regarding the important parts could someone give me a rundown when I get them? 2nd week of next month is a trap shoot and I'll get him to bring it so I can grab some images.

All I know right now is it's a Rock-ola with barrel the same, a flip rear sight, and all R marked parts with a slight, nimble band on the port side to fix a sling. It had a beveled screw in it that looked like it was specifically made.

There was a RDE in box or similarly lettered inspectors stamp and an ordnance wheel with crossed cannons on the right side, the rear buttstock had something written in the angled relief that began with either a P, R or some other manufacturers name in there. It was two or three words together, maybe 10-12 letters total, I couldn't tell because no reading glasses and we were up to shoot.

He told me the sling he had bought somewhere and was not an original item. There were a few mags, only one looked original to me and was straight, maybe 10-12 rounds capacity.

Thanks-Brian
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.