So I am on the mailing list for several milsurp sites that I've used and trust to buy rifles. None of them ask exorbitant prices and I've always been very happy with what I've received. I'm at a point now where I have at least one example of almost all the rifles I wanted with the exception of a few more rare platforms so I'm not really looking to add to my collection but I stay on the mailing lists cuz you never know. The last time I looked at No4 prices (just a few months ago) they were on average $350-400 for a good condition example. I'd actually seen prices drop a bit on all LE with the exception of the Jungle Carbines. I assume this was due to surplus ammo being all but gone and like most milsurp rifles, those that bought them simply as cheap plinkers were trying to off-load them now that they couldn't get cheap ammo anymore...

Anyway, on e of these milsurp sites sent me an add for No4's being in stock. I clicked on the link just to look and holy crap they were asking $750 US for the rifles!! They looked to be in good condition but what the hell happened to make the prices nearly double in 4 months!? All I can think is this is associated with the current firearm and ammo buying panic going on due to the riots and the election but I can't see how this would apply to a milsurp rifle for which ammo is hard to come by.

Anyone else notice this?
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.