I recently purchased a Hornady 9mm Luger/9X21 Custom Grade Titanium Nitride die set #546516 and once I clean, de-prime, and size I am not able to trim them using my Hornady Cam Lock trimmer using trimmer pilot #15. I even tried using a Lee case trimmer. The problem is that once I size the 9mm luger brass using dies the inside diameter of the case is .350" the trimmer pilot is .353. The Lee trimmer pilot is .353" as well.

I have tied sizing Military WMA, Remington, PMC, Winchester Brass with the same results. I have tried sizing using Oneshot and Impearl Sizing Wax with no difference in the result. I'm at a loss of what else, sort of buying a competitor's die set on how to solve this problem.

Has anyone had this problem with Hornady Pistol dies? This is the first time I have reloaded 9mm Luger and have not had problems with other calibers, it is the first time I have used a Hornady pistol die though. My other pistol dies are RCBS, I wishing now I had stuck with RCBS.

I have sent Hornady an email. But doesn't help me with the 600 cases I've just resized.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.