Happy New Year!

I had a thought today to reach out to these forums to see what general tips everyone may have for a new Lee-Enfield collector that is also a novice to military surplus firearm collecting.

While I am not currently in a position to begin seriously looking out for one or more Lee-Enfields to collect (namely because I haven't finished Ian Skennertonicon's book due to the free time-sucking black holes of work and school), I think I have enough of an idea of what I may want to pose the above question. That said, I've taken an interest in wanting to practice with and complete the various range courses associated with the two World Wars (seen on Britishicon Muzzleloaders), so the primary parameters that I would use to begin searching for a Lee-Enfield (which could be any or all of these: No. 1 Mk. III/*, No. 4 Mk. I/II, No. 5) are that the rifle(s) has strong rifling, a good stock bedding, and functional sights.

Any tips or advice on those parameters? Any questions I should pose to sellers that are particularly targeted/focused? Am I barking up the wrong tree in looking for rifles that will be accurate at long range?

Any answers or discussions are much appreciated.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.