Have been going through my ammo "resources", thinning out some non-used items prior to an upcoming relocation. Ran across a sealed tin of Russianicon 7.62x54R that I bought many years ago & forgot I had, and probably need to find it a new home. Its dated 48 (1948) and completely intact & sealed, never opened, no rust, all original. I did a little research on ammo from that period and consensus was that if its still sealed, it should be as good as new inside. However, I can't make out much of the other writing on the can so I'm looking for some info from other Mosin fans.

I have no idea how many rounds are inside but it appears that most ammo from this period were packed in tins like this containing 300 rounds. Also, it looks like the ammo was packed with Russian stripper clips, 5-rounds per clip, 60 clips per tin. Was told that the clips, if original Russian mfg., could be worth more than the ammo itself!

My question is: 1) is it better to leave the tin container sealed and sell it that way, with no guarantee or verification of what's inside, or 2) should I open it up & examine the contents & verify what the contents are to whoever wants to buy it?

Thanks for any & all replies! --728shooter
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.