I've managed to get a hold of a No.4 Mk1 T action, and I'm planning to make a clone of the camo painted rifle in the attached picture. I'm thinking that by painting on a camo pattern, I can use an older slightly beaten up stock, do a little bit of filling, and end up with a clean finish.
The photo is black & white, so I have to guess the colour scheme. I'm thinking of using Britishicon desert & Italyicon tank camo paints, as I assume that these were the colours available. I'm planning a light stone base, with dark brown & olive green swirls, with maybe some very dark gray edging like the tank camo in the attached picture.

Has anyone come across a similar project or have any knowledge of the subject? I thought I might as well ask, as I'd be disappointed if I painted up a stock and found out that the colours were wrong, or that there were better photos & historical sources.
The depth of knowledge here can be quite impressive. I thought I might see how far it goes.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.