Threaded View

Last On
    Yesterday @ 03:21 PM
    Local Date
    06-04-2024
    Local Time
    08:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Singer B View Post
    I don't believe it is a Russianicon capture. It does have an "x" on the receiver but it doesn't look correct (very small). The firing pin take down ring and butt plate are in the white and they are black on RC's. I think the main indicator is the serial number on the bolt matches the serial on the receiver. I believe the odds of a RC having a matching bolt and receiver are pretty long.
    I think the odds on a RC having a matched bolt are literally one in a million.....

I would expect that it was a RC, that someone has tried to force match (bolt number) and faked as much as possible but couldn't quite remove the 'X' crossed rifle mark hence why its looks small etc. It's probably been sold on a few time since then, and current seller is selling it an RC based on the small 'X' and stock number applied, but ignoring all the other attempts at some point to disguise the RC origin as likely when RC's ere looked down on more before prices when bananas.

As said, if an untouched as it left the Soviet Arsenal after refurb rifle is what is required, then this isn't the rifle for the OP.

My RC that I've recently acquired has had the shellac removed from the early walnut stock by the person that bought it over 20 years ago when first imported into the UKicon, but otherwise its as it was when it came out of the Soviet Arsenal refurb in the early 50's. Even the locking screws were still missing, which I've put back from my box of original spare bits n bobs collected over the years.
    Just the thing for putting round holes in square heads.

2. Thank You to GeeRam For This Useful Post: