Today @ 08:20 AM
    Real Name
    Steve
    Local Date
    05-24-2024
    Local Time
    11:16 AM

Small lot of US Medals, Pins, Ribbons

Stopped in a new for me antique shop today and found a small lot of US medals, pins, etc. Price was $3 and 40% off so with tax it came to $1.91 so I figured I couldn't go wrong. What caught my attention was what looked like an early USN over eagle pin issued to enlisted Navy personnel. Turns out the other stuff wasn't too shabby either.

Item 2 turned out to be a Gold Star lapel pin and it's engraved with the initials so it's the real deal. Kind of gave me the creeps when I found this out.

Item 3 is a set of three. Good Conduct medal of the WWII type, ribbon and mini metal ribbon

Item 4 isn't military issue but is a necklace pendant of the US Army crest in sterling silver.

No idea on the Gold Star pin date. It is not a clasp pin but the push pin type found on today's ribbons and pins but I can't find any dates on the transition. Suspect it is post WWII as they were still using the clasp pins into the 1950's. Possibly Vietnam. Based on the initials, I found a possibility with a Vietnam vet from Delaware County. But with no idea of the date, conflict, actual person, it's a guess at best. This fellow was a Marine PFC and was killed in 1966. If anyone can date it by the type of fastener, please let me know. Looks like it's a possibility that the push pins were also in use in WWII but still nothing definitive on it. Just someone claiming one was WWII. And I now found a Vietnam era clasp pin. Not helpful. Initials are E.C.A.

Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Last edited by Aragorn243; 08-27-2021 at 12:18 PM.