Quote Originally Posted by Alan de Enfield View Post
You have been reading things on the internet ..........................

The quality produced, not only wartime, but post war was probably the worst of all manufacturers, the working relationship was appalling with unionisation and refusal to meet 'conditions' causing huge problems, and because of this they did not get future work and were closed down.

Another small extract from one of Peter Laidlers training lessons :

After the end of the upgrading programme, the ‘new-build’ PF- and UF55A- No4 Mk2 rifles were produced. But by this time, industrial relations at Fazakerley were best described as ‘tense’ and the factory began its slow inevitable decline. Even the offer of the secretive L2A3 Sterling and L1A1 rifle contract couldn’t sweeten or un-blinker the suicidal workforce. So while Sterling got on with making and selling its guns to the rest of the world and BSA stepped in at the last moment to rescue the L1A1 SLR, the remaining SLR machinery went from Fazakerley to Lithgowicon …………….. but that’s another story.

Why do you think almost all of the No4T's were made using BSA manufactured rifles ?
(The quality was better and more consistent)
Wow. Live an learn.
Yes, I did read that on the internet.
As I’m reading this on the internet! 😇
But a source like Peter can’t be ignored, of course…

I’ll try other ammo and if the results are the same, I’ll try a No.1 sight blade. If all else fails, I’ll convert a No.4 sight blade to -0.060 specs…
I can also just set the MkI rear sight to 450 yards, but that just doesn’t feel right…
Shame, as it’s a lovely (and to my layman’s eyes, well made) rifle!
Thanks for the info, Alan. Much appreciated!