I have the opportunity to try and purchase one of three M1icon's that will be up for sale at the end of this month. The first one is a Winchester (5.6) that has been through the Type 3 refurb. The second one is a NPM (4.1) that has also received the Type 3 refurb. The last one is the one that intrigues me the most. It is a Saginaw SG (3.3) that appears to be in pretty good shape and in Type 1 configuration (see attached photos). I had the following questions:

1. Which if these 3 would be best in a collection ? (I already have an Underwood, Inland and Standard Products)

2. Based upon the photos, does the Saginaw appear to be the real deal (correct stampings, etc.)?

Price is not an issue as I expect each of these to sell in the range of a $1,000 to $1,500. I can only afford one (its my Christmas present this year).

I truly appreciate everyone's advice and recommendations. Thanks!

Attachment 120676Attachment 120677Attachment 120678Attachment 120679Attachment 120680Attachment 120681
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.