I am sure perhaps Roger Payneicon may have a set of mounts (repro's) possibly at hand but may have sold them all.
I would not be so hasty as to grinding the pad dowel off if you have the rifles ser No. those of us with Peter L & Skennertons book on the T can see if its in the book from when they conducted the pad trials as there was an issue with the front pad becoming loose in service, I for one have a T involved in those trials.

These rifles are worth going the extra yard to as far as possible keep original as issued NOS old pads & brackets if they exist rarely come up on the market and if they do cost serious $'s so the repro path is the go for those but an original scope is worth the wait who knows put the serial No. up here and see if the original is around, the repro scopes seem a bit hit and miss as far as reliability goes.

And your post #10 pics did not come through!

To bring it back Brian Dickicon has done a few T's flick him a PM and yarn to him about getting this rifle back to how it was, as in the whole scheme of things there were not many of them made up into the sniper configuration when you consider the total numbers made of the No.4 rifle.