Does anyone have the military and/or civilian instruction manuals for this spotting scope that they could post or email to me?

Swift MKII Telemaster model 841, NSN 6650995277191

I’m by no stretch of the imagination an expert in their history but those not familiar with it, the Swift is a straight design spotting scope with Japaneseicon made optics that was originally made for the civilian market but saw limited military service as well. However, it has two dials for the 15-60x magnification and focus adjustment that didn’t fair well in the wind borne sandy dessert environment. In its original civilian roll, it was designed to be used with an SLR camera as a 4000mm focal length equivalent telephoto lens for wildlife photography.

I have acquired several Swift 841’s (15-60x, 60mm objective) and one of it’s smaller brother 842 (25-50x, 50mm objective) over the years with serial numbers dating from 1970 to 1991. The optics are clear, the all steel construction is rugged for outdoor use (although probably not waterproof). It’s served me well for range use, as well as accompanying me on many a family and Boy Scout camping trip for wildlife observation and amateur astronomy.

I would post some pictures, because everyone likes pictures, but I can’t figure out how to do so.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.