Thread: I have an AK related illness....

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

Threaded View

Last On
    09-19-2023 @ 12:24 AM
    Local Date
    06-20-2024
    Local Time
    09:05 AM

I have an AK related illness....

Well, I got my first ak, a Chinese Poly-Tech Type 56 "spiker" about 1985/6. In the almost 40 years since, I have probably had an AK of some flavor 75% of the time. WASRs, IOs, Yugos, Hungarians, Egyptians, half dozen different Saigas restored to "proper" configuration, Polish, and Palmetto GF-3.
    e
    The problem is, I don't really like AKs! The platforms I prefer are the Ruger Mini-14s & 30s, M1icon Carbines, and AR15s all way more than the AK platform.

The reason I have almost always had an AK is that they are freaky indestructible and are an amazing piece of battlefield kit! My last AK was the Palmetto, which was a great gun, shot really well, but still did not ring my chimes, so last month I sold it for something else.

Fast forward to the other day, when the gunsmith at the gunshop I work at (a total AK fanatic, I think he has seven or eight) tells me Atlantic firearms has Romanian MD-65 folding stock barreled receivers on sale! Only need furniture and FCG to finish it. He got one from them, and I have to admit that when he was done, it was an AK I really did like (for a change!).

Pulled the pin and ordered one. Already have a Romanian bayonet and sling, cleaning kit and cleaning rod, and a black poly stainless lined hand guard. Only had to order a FCG and a pistol grop. Got a black polish Beryl grip to go with the black hand guard.
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Last edited by imarangemaster; 01-31-2023 at 09:57 PM.

2. The Following 3 Members Say Thank You to imarangemaster For This Useful Post: