Not sure what forum to address this in so I'll make a long story short; my eyes are not what they use to be and have decided to start trying out rifle scopes to pair up with my iron sight shooting. So, not to start out buying a new scope until I understand what I really need or like, I have purchased a used Weaver K-10, 60B scope for a starter only to realize I have not idea how to adjust the adjustable objective part of the scope. There are a series of set screws around the perimeter of this part of the scope and I am assuming that after I mount the scope, bore sight it and have it at the range, set-up a target at a specific distance and than loosen up the screws and rotate this piece of the scope until I can detect that I have corrected for parallax. Mark this point on the scope somehow (nail polish) and than go to the next distance I may shoot at and do the same thing.
This all an assumption but I can't see any other way to use the adjustment; am I off in left field?

Thanks In advance.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.