Well boys, I finished my newest project. What do you think. I used a Winchester 1200 trench gun for a time while I was in the army, and since then the trench shotguns have always held a special place with me.

I am a full time gunsmith and I like to make re-creations of historic pieces for living history people, or for collectors to fill a void in the collection, till the proper piece is purchased.

I "DO NOT" stamp these arms and will not sell or even attempt to pass them off as originals. I like to sell to folks I know that will not stamp them and try to sell them as originals and make money off of un-suspecting buyers.

I make historic flintlock pieces for 18th century living history folks, but these modern guns are fun to make.

I have made WIN. '97, 12, along with both savage models. They are very easy to reproduce, but this was a bit more tricky. It will stay in my collection along with all my WWI army gear.

I love the look of the thing, and how very rare they are. I have only seen about 4-5 of these originals, and 2 were missing handguards and one was missing the lug. The one on the Rock Island sale last year, I believe had a replacement handguard, as it was very bulky looking.

Just thought you fellows would like to see this, or comment.

Mark
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.