Guys, I was thinking about this for a little bit and I'm wondering what the rest of you would think about it. I'm no fan of more gun laws, I think we have more than enough and should start getting rid of them. The problem is that I found an area that I think does need to be addressed.

Let me give the background. Last week a man with a PFA (protection from abuse order) against him (here in PA that means forfeiture of weapons and ability to purchase) went to his former wife's home with a handgun and took their child at gunpoint. Part of his stated intentions was to kill his family. A police pursuit ensued which ended with the police (both local and state) rushing the car to save the child. The child was successfully brought from the vehicle. Unfortunately during the event, 2 State Troopers were shot, one fatally. (before the questions start, they were wearing vests. Apparently the bullet ricocheted off of the trauma plate into his neck) The perp was removed from the gene pool.

Here's my problem. The firearm was purchased by the guys girlfriend last month. Apparently, the woman did a straw purchase for him because he can't buy a gun.

Now to my question. Would you guys think it would be OK for there to be a law that a person who does a straw purchase (seems to be happening more and more) for a weapon used in a crime to also be charged with that crime? As an example, this woman would be charged with kidnapping and murder. I think something like this would be an actual deterrent. What do you guys think?
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.