Took my .54 Lyman GPR out in the back yard today for some round ball fun. I havent shot it in several years. Loaded it with 50 gr (by volume) Goex 2F, Buffalo Bullet's .535 ball, Ox Yoke .010 patch lubed with Bore Butter, and fired with Rem No 10 caps. At 50yds found I could consistently hit the head and neck on the "Big Turkeyicon" target. That was some fun shooting, been a long time since shooting that one. That is a neat rifle, glad I got mine when I did, now they are retailing for around $500.

Also have a Hunter conical barrel in 1:32 twist, works real well with Precision Rifle conicals made in Canadaicon.

Live on a few acres in treed area, and neighbors dont ask questions around here about blasts and shots. The guy next door shoots squirrels periodically. As we get closer to the 4th, I'll increase my loads a little . By the 4th of July, folks out here are shooting off stuff that literally shakes the ground, no kidding!
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.