The Remington 03A3 that I ordered back in the middle of March showed up today. Serial 4167XXX with a RA flaming bomb barrel stamped 10-43. The barrel is fantastic, shiny and sharp with no pitting at all. The receiver has what I am assuming is the original green tint park and the bolt still has much of its original blue. The mag cutoff is blued and the safety is parked. Most of the parts I can see without taking it down are marked R. The wood is a straight stock(which I requested, I prefer that to the scant stock) with a Circle P and four other stamps just forward of the floor plate. There are a few dents here and there and the only real issue that the stock has is what looks like a box cutter scratch that starts on the lower band and runs back about a foot. Maybe it was at the top of a box that was opened with a cutter. Not a problem for me though. The trigger is very good as well. All in all, a very nice example of a mid WWII 03A3. If a get a break from painting the inside of the house tomorrow I will snap some pics of it as it came from the box. The only thing I have done so far is run a boresnake through it.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.