Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

Threaded View

Last On
    06-07-2023 @ 08:25 PM
    Local Date
    09-27-2024
    Local Time
    04:33 AM
    Not much gets by you guys. Any reasonably intelligent person sees that the Obama energy initiative is just another scam.

But, those of us with degrees in science are mostly in agreement that there is something terrible going on with planet. Global Warming, along with many other problems, probably is occurring. Our atmosphere is quite thin; check out some of the higher elevations. I toured Rocky Mountain National Park in Estes Park, Colorado, & was amazed; the glaciers that have been there for tens of thousands of years have just about disappeared within the last 100 years (they have photos showing this). Same thing at Glacier National Park, & many of the good skiing places throughout the country are now meadows. Something is going on, & it isn't good!

Water is becoming scarce in much of the country. Southern California barely has enough water to meet demand; any thing that upsets their supply could cause havoc. Central Florida is in trouble with collapsing aquifers.

We can't even get rid of our trash without fouling the environment. Huge areas of the Pacific Ocean off California & the Gulf of Mexico are dead zones due to pollution & trash. 40% of the Chesapeake Bay is a dead zone. Rivers, lakes, & wetlands are disappearing due to development & pollution.

Domestic oil production has been dropping for several years. Even with new drilling, we can't possibly continue for 100 years. Shale oil extraction remains a fantasy; Shell Oil scientists say they won't know if it will be possible to get oil from it for 5-7 years. Yet, no one is even talking about building new nuclear plants.

The rest of the world will continue to reproduce & produce pollution at an increasing rate, so what we do will have no effect on that. But, we can't even take care of our country. We can probably support a population of 150M people indefinitely, but we are already at twice that. Our failure to control population increases through lower birth rates or limiting immigration are both being ignored by leadership of both parties.

I, too, would like to leave the world a better place for my children, but I don't see it happening.

2. The Following 2 Members Say Thank You to Neal Myers For This Useful Post: