I'm in the process of completing a transfer for 2 Mosin Nagant rifles, a 1934 dated Tula 91/30 (Claven2 was able to inspect it over the weekend and it seemed to get his nod, good enough for me!)and a 1952 dated Polish M-44 carbine. The M-44 comes with a sling but the 91/30 is only the rifle. I'd like to complete the kit with the "proper" type of bayonet and sling in the case of the 91/30 and the accesories for both. I'm honestly not a collector, I'm buying both rifles as shooters, but i'd still like to obtain the "correct" add-ons to complete the kit(s), I figure it might be a good idea to maintain the values of those rifles if I'm ever inclined to sell them. What am I looking for in this case ? Are there any variations which would determine the items were of the "correct" kinds relative to the dates and origins of production of the rifle ? From a stamp on the stock and some thorough googling I was able to find out that the 91/30 has been refurb'd in the Ukraine at some point but that's about all I know at this point, information about accessories seems to be pretty hand to find ... Even though I don't define myself as a "collector" I'm still interested in those firearm's histories...
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.