As some may already know I am a gunsmith and do some recreation work for living history folks on all firearms periods.

This may ruffle a few feathers of some, as they may think I am muddying the water with fakes!

Again, this is not my intention, as I want to make some reproductions of rare pieces to put in the hands of living history and or collectors till the proper piece may be obtained.

I do not, and will not put any fake stamps on the pieces nor will I try to sell them as originals. I do wish to sell them to people I know or trust so they don't end up being sold to unknowing parties as originals. My work sells for way less than originals, and someone could make money on this fact, and that would $&*@ me off! As some poor soul would end up spending a lot of cash on a knock-off! You see this at auctions and Gunbroker etc. all the time.

That being said, I do wish some help on my next project, the Stevens 77 riot gun.

I know the early models had a band on the barrel for the swivel. Is the band of the "clamp" type, or is it soldered on the barrel?

Any photos of this type and the later period sling attachment on the barrel stud would be appreciated.The shotgun is mostly finished, except for the front swivel and parkerizing the piece.

Any photos etc. would be nice.

Thanks,

Mark
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.