Hi guys,

My father is visiting from up-state NY (the sticks) so yesterday we went around to some gun shops and the last one that we went to was a nice local gun/militaria shop. They have auctions at the shop every so often and they were having one yesterday, I didn't know until we got there. I've always heard that he's auctions are great and now I know why. First, they have a BBQ going with free hot dogs and hamburgers, plus free drinks and even free beer (I don't drink though)..but anyway..pretty cool. Nice items and at very good prices for the most part, there was one WW2 Germanicon paratrooper helmet that went for $3,500 but most guns went cheap. NIB WInchester 94 for $310 and so on. I let a really nice 1896 saddle ring Kragicon carbine go for $860, a buddy of mine just paid $2,700 for one in the same condition.

I did win a nice WW2 Japaneseicon helmet with liner and chin strap and this Springfield M1922MII. It's not mint and it's been parked but I've been wanting one for a while and just won't pay the $1,500 plus that they usually go for.

There are a few areas of light pitting around the left side of the receiver. The barrel is dated 12-35. The period sling is in pretty good shape too.

Can anyone tell me anything about this, approximate value is always nice too.

Thank you,
Rob
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.