I just found this forum, Wow...pretty cool. I have a question I hope I can get some help with.

I already have a Remington 1903A3 and a Springfield Garandicon that are real nice.

But I ran across a Remington 10903A3 today at a local gunshop. It seems to be all original metal. The s/n is 4,068,xxx and has a barrel date of 6 43 (if I remember correctly) and the flaming bomb. The green parkerizing is in good shape, the cutoff is dark (like on my 03A3) the bolt is dark, and the rear sight is dark (not parked like my rear sight). The bore is shiny and the rifling looks ok. About the only test I can do is the bullet test on the muzzle if/when I go back to look at it again.

The only drawback is that the handguard and stock metal is gone, the stock was cutoff at sporter stock length, and the floorplate is milled. I had no way of getting any pictures to show you.

I have a 03A3 floorplate and stock metal. I would just need to buy a stock and handguard.

The asking price is $350. So what would you guys do?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Norm
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.