brought danish home guard "notched" eddystone home (M53/17). bore cleaned up well, no evidence of corrosion from excessive blank ammo firing. headspace appears good. firing pin protrusion is excessive and i ordered a replacement and have milled/contoured firing pin to within .045-.059". will attempt to bring her to the range at first opportunity. danish front sight (pin-type) set at .046, may have to adjust post to set battle sight zero at 100yds. LOTS of cosmolineicon through out. i dont suspect that it has been fired or field stripped for cleaning in years. using a version of "Ed's Red" for cleaning. replacement remington stock without arsenal stamps,(eddystone handguards). stock, bolt numbered to match receiver. other small parts either remington or eddystone. nothing unusual. i would like to clean, not strip the stock and re-apply linseed oilicon to preserve the wood. any recomendations on how to go about this? is linseed oilicon the correct preservative or should i use tung oil? my goal would be to clean and preserve the rifle in the issued condition it was in when the last soldier held it in his hands. thanks.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.