Quote Originally Posted by John Kepler View Post
Funny that only ONE rifle had a problem with the trigger weight when if, as you say, they ALL have under-weight triggers "as issued"? Curiouser and curiouser!
I don't believe that's what I said. The minimum is 1300 grams. Some will be high enough to hold the 3-1/2 lb weights. See above. I said:

"shooters who choose the Swissicon rifles need to be warned that they may have to alter their triggers to conform with the US rules." Italics added.

Were all triggers weighed and marked with colored tape prior to firing or ammo issue? If not, how can you say that all of them held the 3-1/2 weight, except the one that that belonged to this one poor SOB who, it seems, had already fired a very high score? I don't feel that bad for him, he should have made certain that his rifle was legal prior to entering the match.

I am also prehistoric, been shooting competitively since 1965. ISU -> UIT, now ISSF. "Army Rifle", is and was the purview of CISM. The CISM rifle is and was a 300 meter Standard Rifle, 1500 gram minimum trigger, that is a repeater. The two I currently own and use are a Winchester Model 70 International Army Rifle, and Grunig and Elmiger built on a 1954 K31 action. They both also meet the rules for NRA Match Rifle, although the new Bleikers and G&E CISM rifles don't ... the stocks are about 1/4" too deep.

The NRA rule for Foreign Service Rifle is 3.1.4. Trigger pull must be 4-1/2 lbs. That's not 3-1/2 lbs or 1.6kg.

We're W-A-Y off topic, and you're just digging the hole deeper. Over and out.

Resp'y,
Bob S.