After going through the Brownells catalog a bit more, I have a couple more questions. While I do not plan on shooting any of mine much, or with anything aside from factory ammo, I wanted to take a couple steps to make them last longer.

* Are recoil/side buffers worth it? Given that I have fresh recoil springs and don't plan to fire anything other than commercial WWB, is this something beneficial or not worth it?

* Speaking of recoil springs, should they be replaced by age or use? I generally swap them out when I acquire something, but now that some of my acquisitions are pushing 15 years old and spent most of that time in a safe, do I want to replace them before taking them to the range again, or is it more a function of how many times the slide moves?

* I have one pistol (will write about it soon) that came to me with some pretty nasty rust under the left grip panel. Its cleaned up now and I am using Eezox as my choice of protectant overall. Does it make sense to cut out a piece of "Gunwrap" corrosion-resistant paper to slip between the frame and grip to prevent further rusting?

Would appreciate your input on this and any other long-term preservation tips. I want shooters, not museum pieces
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.