As mentioned on my most recent post, I have been trolling round the Big Reno Show in search of Lee Enfield No.4s. There were some very crappy overpriced examples, and some very reasonable priced good condition LE rifles. I had gone round the show 3 times in 3 days (visiting almost every stall twice per day), and I was in the process of making up my mind what I really wanted. My first choice was a Britishicon made No.4 Mk.1, Mk.1/2 or Mk.2 (or American equivalents with the bolt release catch). My very close second choice was a No.1 Mk.III.

On my way over to meet my father-in-law so that we could leave, I spotted a Lee Enfield out of the corner of my eye, and I could have sworn it was not there the 6 previous times I walked past that particular vendor. The rifle was a No.1 Mark.III dated 1914, manufactured at BSA. The serial numbers matched throughout, including magazine. The serial number was 4 digits beginning with 8. I did notice that there was a slot in the side of the action body for a magazine cutoff, but none had been fitted (comments please). The bore was beautiful and I could not see and significant wear, and the finish showed minimal wear. cosmolineicon was in every nook and cranny. The asking price? $225. I brought it. Now the question is this - did I screw up, or did I make a good choice for my first Lee Enfield?
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.