Hi Guys,

Got a fairly decent M1917 Eddystone today. S/N 1251XXX with an E 11-18 barrel. MW is 2. TE is off the chart (to be expected for a Canadianicon training rifle I suppose) but I'm wondering does the throat gage for the M1icon Garand and M1903 have the same reference point on the M1917? I'm sure I have throat wear, I just didn't think anything greater than 10 was possible....

I'll post pictures soon. It's a CAI import, and the import letters are filled in with bluing. I think the receiver and barrel have been re-blued (under the hand guards there is no polishing). I'll post pictures soon. Only non-Eddystone part is one of the hand guards is a Winchester. Stock has been slathered in Shellac or Laquer, so a stripping will be done soon. Canadian proofs on stock, but ther some awesome figure to it (yes, I know, if I don't post pics, it hasn't happened)

An answer to the throat wear question would be appreciated. Pics will be held for ransom until answer is provided.....

Mike Doerner
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.