Posted on CGN ....

"Saving Private Ryan" 1903 Springfield

If you can't view the advertisement, it's probably due to the fact that you have to subscribe to the EE (Equipment Exchange) forums on CGN, or the ad has been deleted, in order to view them.

Seller says:

"Saving Private Ryan"

This 1903 is a "REPRESENTATION of an ORIGINAL U S MARINE SNIPER RIFLE" (ie;clone) It has a LYMAN scope just like the early snipers. The floorplate was obviously replaced with a stamped one probably at an arsenal rebuild . The barrel is stamped_ 4-44. The bore is shiny with sharp rifling. (seethe picture of a 100 meter target it has 6 rounds there) And yes the scope has it's return spring still attached because it returns to battery after every shot automatically instead of manually doing it like the Marines hadto.(guess I'm lazy). Yes that slot is for a Peterson device. Nice to know the reciever is properly heat treated.Barrel is floating under the handguards. It really isn't very pretty but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To me she is lovely. I've had fun with this Sniper now someone else will have their turn. Whoever ends up with her I hope they appreciate and look after this old beauty. I will send some other targets with the rifle showing other loads to use also a target with the elevation adjustments for the scope. Any questions that you have please feel free to ask. (too bad it isn't original, I saw one down south go for $15,000 ) I am asking $ 1995.00 delivered insured for full amount
Regards,
Badger
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.