I have stumbled upon an older rifle that was made by Kimber of America with a Mauser action. While researching the gun, because I did not know much about that type of action, I found that it was a Swedishicon M96 Mauser that Kimber bought and sporterized with a sythentic stock and a Nickel-looking barrel. After cleaning it real well, It comes out to be a beautiful gun and seems to be machically flawless and smooth. The action has a few numbers stamped on it. on top of the action, it is stamped with the number either "1901 or 1906" and a name something like "gustov...." cant really see it due to the scope mounts. I do not want to attempt to remove the scope mounts and take a chance at stripping the set screws. On the barrel it says it is a .308WIN. I have not shot it yet, but it seems to be operational, no problems in the action, barrel, or crown.

I am a hunter and generally buy standard bolt actions. But I really like the looks of this gun, even if it was to simply hang in my office.
I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the value or worth of this gun. I do not want to use it for hunting deer if it is a collectable. But then again I do not want to think of it as valuable if it is just a scrap rifle.

I was offered money for it, but dont want to rip anyone else off or get ripped for selling. I really dont want to sell if it is somewhat valuable. Send me your email and I will send you a few pictures of it.

A little insight please....Thanks Adam
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.