FREE MEMBER
    NO Posting or PM's Allowed
    Last On
    01-13-2011 @ 12:09 PM
    Local Date
    05-28-2024
    Local Time
    09:29 AM

Lightbulb Help with MA 1945 Lithgow SMLE III* made .22 cal. Trainer SN. T1825

I have a few Questions that U may be able to help with. I have purchased an "MA 1945 Lithgowicon SMLE III* made .22 cal. Trainer SN. T1825" with all matching letters on Receiver, Barrel (not sleeved), Nose (sight adjustable), Rear Leaf Sight & then on the small pieces the letters MA. The Wood is All New (4 pcs.) with no signs of Oil whatsoever. I'm told it is "Un-Issued & Un-Fired" which after breaking it down one could believe. The Parkerized Finish is Perfect on the Metal & the Wood may be bare or a very, very light non-colored finish of some sort. It has a New Nylon Web Sling OD Green & a "Stripped Magazine". Two things bother me about it after reading up on it. 1. It is stamped on the Receiver "JJ CO NY. NY." which says to me it was imported by John Jovina of New York at some time. 2. The Recoil Shims & Screws are missing (never there) but 2 small dabs of Glass Bedding or Epoxy are. Having owned this now for 5 years, I still haven't fired it, but as it is only .22 caliber, I'm not worried about "safety" over this. Some comments however warn that without these "Shims" it could be a "Fake Parts Gun". I bought it for it's pure Beauty canceling a $150.00 debt I was owed. Will it hurt its' Value to fire it? With All Parts Stamped the Same would it be a "Parts Gun"? And is that Bad? Is there any Interest in collecting these & if so what are they selling for? BTW, Love Ur Site, it's packed full of "Goodies". John
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Last edited by Badger; 09-12-2009 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Created new thread for incorrectly posted topic.