Hi guys.
I have just finished fitting a Sarco mount and mounting pads to my no.4 303. It is always a bit of a worry when you start drilling holes in one of your favorate rifles but its not as scary as you think.
You will need a few things before you start. A BA No.4 tap, a BSF 1/4 tap some 1/2 inch long No. 4 BA counter sunk srews.
I clamped the front mount in position with some small clamps and fitted the mount with a scope in it so I could bore sight it and check the basic alignment. It turned out on my rifle I needed to grind abit off the bottom of the rear pad for the bore sight to be correct.
When I had the elevation correct I marked the pad positions allowing a small amount of clearance infront of the front pad. Drill and fit the rear pad first. Then you can screw the rearof the mount on and mark the exact position of the front mount. I didnt solder sweat the pads on . I just put some lock tight under the pads. I will post some photos tomorrow.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.