Dear All,

A few days ago I got my greasy paws on a "Fat Boy" Eddystone P14 that was in dire need of a make-over. So what do you expect for 80 euros? Hence the greasy paws. It has been a very busy weekend, and the rifle now looks like a rifle rather than a piece split off a railroad tie, but poses 2 questions:

1) The butt plate is stamped on the outside ERA + number. But on the inside, the butt trap and the butt plate are stamped with a W, about 5/32" (4mm) high. There is a tiny 1 inside a triangle just above the W on both parts.
It LOOKS like Winchester parts being used by Eddystone. Possible/probable/ just my imagination?

Comments welcomed.

2) The rifle is numbered 674xxx. All present and correct with Britishicon inspection and proof markings. The only book I have on the P14 is Stratton Vol. 4. (I would welcome suggestions for other books that cover the P14)
According to Stratton, the highest number recorded at the time of writing was 604971.

Does anyone else have a P14 numbered way above Stratton's figure? Were more produced than previously thought, or did Eddystone deviate from a straight numbering sequence?

Once again, your comments will be welcome.

Patrick
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.