I picked up a No4 Target rifle with a heavy hammer forged barrel made in 1969. Someone has removed the original front dovetail base and installed a standard No4 front sight base. It has a John Wilkes globe sight crudely fitted.

I have a Matchmaker front globe sight and I would like to find the appropriate base to attach the Matchmaker front sight to the heavy hammered forged barrel.

I looked at my L39 and the front sight base has a "4" stamped on it.

My question is: What is the appropriate base for the Matchmaker front sight and any idea where I can procure one?

Also, the rifle is kind of a neat assemblance of parts. 1969 hammer forged barrel attached to a No4 Mk2 Fazakerly 55 receiver. Forearm and handguard appear to be from 2 different enforcers. Forearm is stamped "157" and handguard is penciled "760" on inside near barrel knox. Handguard has been shaved for scope clearance. Buttstock is an Envoy type with CR marked butt pad. Mag is an unmarked 303 mag used for single loading. Has a nice TZ 4/47 rear sight.

I purchased this as my basis for an Enforcer Clone. In the process of completing transaction for a real Enforcer. May keep this basis rifle as is or build up as well.

Thanks,

Brian
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.