Hi there,
I'm new to the forum and I'm from Down Under. I note you mainly deal with M17s & P14s in original condition. I'm looking at buying a couple of P14 sporters, one has had the ears milled and has a nice scope set up. The other one has had the ear tips cut and is also set up with a scope, not as neat as the first one but still looks good. Now they both have the original stocks but they have been sporterised and they are both in 303-25. I already have a K98icon Mauser in 303-25 with a varmint barrel that shoots sub moa groups at 100m.

I plan to rebarrel one to 303 Brit thus my query in relation to finding a replacement barrel. Now to paint a picture for you here in Australiaicon a rebarrel will cost you AU$530 minimum. The barrels alone around the $300-$360 then the fitting is extra. I know surfing the net you can get cheaper barrels in the US, as I use to purchase them from the US and get them posted until all the restrictions and export permits things started. I have a few friends in the US that can send me the barrels down to me so I need to know if anyone is selling any P14 barrels in 303.

The other rifle I plan to rebarrel in 458 Lott. That one I will source locally and cop the hefty price for it. The laminated sporter stocks I plan to buy from the US also.

Any assistance would be most welcomed.

Cheers

Jorge
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.